Directions for taking Nicotinell Mint Medicated Gum:
- This product is designed to be chewed, do not swallow.
- Chew one piece of gum when you feel the urge to smoke.
- Do not chew more than 1 piece of gum at a time and do not use more than 25 pieces of 2mg gum a day.
As you chew, it releases nicotine to help ease your physical cravings and reduce your desire to smoke. To get maximum effectiveness from Nicotinell gum it`s critical you follow a "chew and park" method for at least 30 minutes. Chewing the gum for a couple of minutes only without parking it, doesn`t allow the gum to help provide relief from cravings.
Here are four easy steps to remember when chewing:
- Chew slowly until the taste becomes strong
- "Park" your chewing gum between your gum and cheek
- Chew again when the taste has faded and when the nicotine taste gets stronger park it again
- Repeat the process for up to 30 minutes.
What strength should I use?
If you smoke 20 or more cigarettes a day we recommend the 4mg gum. If you smoke less than 20 cigarettes a day try the 2mg gum. We suggest you use the gum for three months, chewing up to 10 of the extra strength 4mg gums or 20 of the regular strength 2mg gums per day as and when you experience cravings.
At the end of your 3-month program, reduce the amount of gum you use each day until you phase it out altogether.
Caution before taking Nicotinell Mint Medicated Gum 4mg:
- Use only as directed.
- Do not smoke or use any other nicotine product while using Nicotinell Chewing Gum.
- Do not exceed stated dose.
- Do not smoke whilst using gum.
- No to be used by persons under 18 years of age without the advice of the doctor; if you are pregnant or breast feeding; if you have serious heart disease.
- If you are under the care of your doctor or taking prescribed medication, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product.
Nicotinell Mint Medicated 4mg contains: